Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Standing and Being Counted

When my employer changed buildings back in October, one of the perks of moving was getting an adjustable desk. At first, I passed on the opportunity to stand while working, choosing to sit comfortably instead in my new snazzy chair. After reading an article about how sitting all day at work is awful for your back in the Globe and Mail, I decided to test out the standing option by doing an hour a day in January. Not only did my posture improve, my back started to feel a lot better immediately. After standing for at least an hour a day from January to March, I decided to up it to two hours a day in Q2 (April - June). So far, I've managed to keep pace with the two hours a day, and even do more on some days. Although I'm not as confident to start three hours a day in July, it will give me something to shoot for.


No comments:

Post a Comment